How I became a plant lover


I decided to start owning plants once I moved to UF and it was the BEST decision ever. Plants take in so many bad chemicals/pollutants release so much fresh air and oxygen. They are so good and calming to have in your house. I have a lot of different kinds, I love to have an aloe plant. My mom has an entire farm of aloe plants at our house back in Miami and I always steal some. They are so great for to put on your skin and face, for skin they are hydrating and also help with sunburns. It is also great to put the gel into a water jug and drink throughout the week. It helps your gut and is very alkalizing. I also have some plants for decoration. Some of those include succulents, cacti, devil’s ivy, aspidistra elatior, fiddle leaf fig, rubber leaf fig, spider plant, weeping fig. Those are very popular one’s and don’t require so much care. It is also important to buy a small little spray bottle because indoor house plants also like to absorb the water from their leaves. I don’t water too often. I water my plants about every 10 days to two weeks. A lot of new plant owners have a hard time caring for and keeping their plants alive because they overwater. PLEASE do not overwater them. It is also important to keep them in a pot with drainage holes. They like to release the extra water instead of sit in the water. If plants sit in the water for too long they often get what is called ‘root rot’ which can cause them to become mushy and die. It is also difficult to move your plants around a lot and many apartments have different lighting situations so make sure you know what type of apartment you are going to live in before you invest in plants that need a lot of light. Here is a post I wrote earlier that describes getting used to living here and the different things that it takes to live in a place like this, Gainesville

Comments

Popular Posts