Living close to campus vs living far away from campus



I have lived both away from campus and close to campus so I know the pros and cons of both. Both situations have good and bad things that I am happy to share with you.

Living close to campus this year: PROS & CONS

1. I can walk (almost) everywhere. I walk to my classes, Publix, Target and many other close by stores.
2. Parking your car is HARD. I have to pay for street parking and it is difficult to find parking close to my apartment.
3. My apartment is a bit smaller but newer. I have new appliances, furniture and countertops but it is a bit smaller.
4. I share a bathroom.
5. I get to hangout with my friends houses that live close to campus.
6. I have to drive to other stores, which can be far way.
7. My rent is more expensive.
8. I can walk home between classes to eat, sleep or study.
9. The library is close by.
10. I have a gym & a pool but most people who live close to campus don’t have those luxuries in their apartment.

Living farther away from campus last year: PROS & CONS
1. I had a big room & your own bathroom.
2. I could still walk to the grocery store (Earth Fare).
3. I was able to park very close and it was free.
4. Visitor parking/people can drive over without a hassle. You don’t realize how important this is until it’s gone.
5. Easier to carry up groceries but there are usually stairs and no elevator.
6. It is farther away from campus activities so sometimes you feel isolated and bored.
7. You have to take the bus to school and wake up earlier to get to classes in time.
8. You cannot come home from campus whenever you want. If you go, you usually should stay for the entire day.
9. Your rent will be way cheaper.
10. You will most likely have a gym & pool in your apartment complex.



Comments

Popular Posts