How I deal with missing my family




It’s hard for me living far away sometimes because I always miss my family. Although I’m lucky enough to only be a five hour drive away from home, it is still difficult because I can’t just get up and go see them whenever I want. It always helps me to exercise and do fun activities to keep my mind distracted and enjoy time being here instead of being sad. A great way to enjoy Gainesville (during hot months) are the SPRINGS!  I posted a link to 7 local Gainesville springs that’ll be fun for you when it gets a bit hotter outside. Another thing I like to do is eat healthy and prepare my meals, cooking has become a way of letting go and bringing in my families recipe’s into my life! I prepare food every few days, depending on the week and I often like to prepare large amounts of beans so that I always have some protein to eat for lunch or dinner when I’m hungry.

However, being far away from my family is definitely difficult. I miss them very much! I have four siblings and two amazing parents who love me very much. Not to mention great aunts, uncles and cousins! They’re always great at giving advice and being there when I need something. The best thing for me is FaceTime or Skype. It allows me to see and talk to my family all the time and it’s good cause it’s a little more than just calling. Never be afraid to call or reach out to your family. I’m sure they’ll be able to take some time to talk to you and give you advice over the phone.

It is also important to make the place you live your new home (even if it’s for the time being). Have a great time here and enjoy everything Gainesville has to offer.

Comments

Popular Posts