Live Tweeting

I’m a reporter and I often have difficulty live tweeting when I am covering an event. However, I think it is very important for multimedia journalists to post across several different platforms. I often tweet while I am at events, shooting footage with the videocamera, getting interviews and recording stand ups and listening to what the event is actually about. All of this takes time and is definitely difficult. It is important because it gives people the news right away instead of later on in the day. I once tweeted something that got more than 150 likes and it was great to see so much interaction. Here is an example of the most recent live tweeting I did. I covered a firefighter memorial service. It is also very important to Retweet people around you and your co-workers to help get the message across.

Comments

Popular Posts